Sunday, September 17, 2006

Contact with comic creators

So I'm nearly done with my actual post I'm working on at the moment, but I woke up this morning to find a nice pm in my newsarama inbox.

thanks for the support

I lurk the forums here, posting once in a blue moon. I've noticed you frequently talking up The Exterminators, and i just wanted to let you know that i seriously appreciate the support. We're having a blast making this book, so i'm glad that you find it so enjoyable.

thanks, again.
-T
__________________
Tony Moore Illustration:
Don't let the smooth taste fool you.

-----
And before you say it, that is Tony, it came from the user name he writes under and occasionally posts under in the forums. One of the greatest things about comics on the Internet it the connecting you can actually have with creators, I've argued with Brian Wood about him not strictly being an indie creator any more, Warren Ellis has told me he wishes I develop arse cancer and die, and Rich Johnson has read the blog, or a post at least.

But this was the first time I just got a message out of the blue, just a nice thing. Doesn't require much from the creator, but it shows the appreciation they have for their fans.

No comments: